The Materials Center maintains several shared research facilities for making and measuring materials.
Some of these might be able to help you in solving a preparation or characterization problem in your company or lab. If so, please contact us. We would like these facilities to have maximum benefit and impact. Many of our members are also willing to share their expertise to help companies implement these techniques. If you're interested in exploring a specific technique with us. Please contact the technical director(s) of the facility of interest, or the faculty supervisor.
- Scanning electron microscopes with electron-beam writing capabilities
- Scanning probe microscopy including atomic force microscopes (AFM) and STM
- Raman, Fluorescence, UV-Vis-NIR absorption, ultrasonic, and electron resonance spectrometers
- Materials preparation lab with surface coating, thermal processing, optical lithography, and vapor deposition facilities
- Ellipsometer for characterizing thin films
- Microfluidics facility
- State-of-the-art image processing
The Materials Center also has access to specialized, affiliated facilities:
- Transmission Electron Microscopy facility
- Magnetic Resonance imaging
- The Institute for Biophysical Dynamics Nanobiology Facility
- Biophysics Core Facility